After more than 30 years being employed and served in the Maritime Industry, ,capt. Jan de Bokx started with COMPASS MARINE SERVICES which was established in 2013.
He has the following competencies:
- Special Casualty Representative (SCR), panel member of the SCOPIC committee at Lloyd's
- Marine Operations Manager - Offshore projects as tunnel installation, GBS structure- and Jacket/WHP decommission, transport and (re-installation)
- Certified Marine Surveyor - (specialism Marine Environment - Sea Transport, Heavy Lift and special Cargo)
- Sr. Salvage Master - experience in various Salvage cases worldwide
- Master Mariner/ Advisor specialized in Ocean Towage, Anchor Handling and Supply operations
- Tow Master - specialism towage and installation of Offshore Units and WHP structures
- Marine Consultant / Advisor - calculation, preparation of Ocean Towage of Offhore Units
Other relevant information:
- Started his career in 1982 as an apprentice deck officer with the largest Ocean towage- and Salvage Company in the Netherlands.
- Climbed up the ranks and got his first command at the age of 29 years.
- Sailed as Master for over 14 years around the globe.
- Gained experience as Master/ Superintendent on a Geotechnical Drill Ship.
- Worked as Marine Warranty Surveyor in Europe.
- Worked as Sr Salvage Master and latest function under employment was as Fleet Manager of a small fleet of tugs, crewboats, Sheerleg and barges until the end of 2012
Independent associate with Waves Group
A member of the Lloyd's Panel of Special Casualty Representatives
A member of _INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF MARINE __CONSULTANTS AND SURVEYORS_
A member of THE NAUTICAL INSTITUTE